Basic Slate AX setup for Dummies needed - where did I go wrong?

Hi - I’m completely new to SmoothWAN and router setup, but have followed all the instructions correctly as far as I know…
My problem is understanding what SmoothWAN actually provides when installed on a GL.iNet Slate AX router.
I hope to use it to provide more reliable internet access by bonding signals from at least 2 phones (Samsung Galaxy S20FE 5G on T-Mobile network - ethernet tethering or USB tethering) and a portable hotspot (GlocalMe g4 Pro 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Router via wifi) together to provide access to a Yolobox Mini for streaming video to YouTube or Facebook by connecting to the router wifi… Is this a realistic scenario?

I configured the Slate router as mentioned in the documentation - renaming the GL-AXT1800-xxx and GL-AXT1800-xxx-5G SSIDs to SPOT-2.4G and SPOT-5G respectively - no problems here…
I then updated the router firmware to install the SmoothWAN UI (latest v0.99.9) and enable Speedify (paid account) - following the instructions provided on the SmoothWAN site and in Erik Gulbrandsen’s YouTube video (Join 2 or 3 Cell Connections for 1 fast connection. Slate Router Smoothwan Installation - YouTube) to the best of my limited ability…

And this is where I run into problems - I can’t access either of the 2.4 or 5G wifi networks anymore after this SmoothWAN install - any assistance on how to resolve this would be appreciated!

Regards
Heinrich

1 Like

I’m releasing a new version with a new Wi-Fi menu for easier and error free configuration today.
Yes the scenario is optimal.
Will also update the outdated tutorial soon.

Update to latest and follow the guide here: Quick Setup - SmoothWAN

Thanks! Will upgrade this weekend! It’s amazing how fast updates are coming.