Mystery route 123.123.123.123

I’m running on a PC-based platform, with non-USB Ethernet ports, and a Quectel EC25 LTE modem. I am using this image: SmoothWAN-0.99.9HF5-PC-EFI-AMD64-DiskImage-or-WebUI.img

I have the following extras activated:
– Speedify
– Tailscale

The following route is in my routing table, and I don’t know why, or how it was installed:

123.123.123.123 via 100.68.15*.** dev wwan0

“wwan0” is the Quectel-based 4G-LTE Cellular connection.

123.123.123.123 is a Chinese-based IP which makes this seem even more suspicious.

This is a new install and configuration, I started working on this last week and just got things working a day or so ago. I don’t recall this route being there prior to the SPeedify or Tailscale install, so I suspect one of those.
I’m using ModemManager to configure the Quectel interface, so tht could potentially be the culprit.

Here are the logs and config from the machine:
https://send.bitwarden.com/#WKz7pSpkpkekz7CRAFEnNw/Juq7vbLfAcHwuCoTDQlDwg

Any idea what is installing this route, and more importantly, why?

The route is added by either TinyFEC or Engarde when enabled, 123.123.123.123 is a formatting example in the web UI dialog.

Simply remove the IP in TinyFEC or Engarde as it seems like you have accidentally enabled one of them, else this is a bug. The route is meaningless in this state, it’s for making Engarde/TinyFEC use the latest connected WAN in case the user doesn’t set metric routes when they add multiple WAN interfaces. OpenWrt does not add default routes in this case.

TODO: Moving to UI input text placeholders next release and converting to LUCI-JS api since there are few issues with the LUA based LuCI apps on new OpenWrt.

Thanks!. It looks like it is in the TinyFEC config, I think it must be a bug. I never enabled it, and I can’t seem to get rid of it. It’s no big deal, I’ll just ignore it.