Ethernet Ports not allowing connection to the UI

I’ve inadvertently changed a setting for the Slate AX 1800. I cannot connect to the router via an Ethernet cable. I entered 172.17.17.2 into the browser, and it will not connect. I have tried Lan 2 and the WAN ports with no luck. I have even tried to roll back the firmware with no luck. I appreciate your help in advance.

Hi, try pressing the reset button on the side for 10 seconds and release, the unit should reboot after a few seconds with reset settings.

I’ve done that a few times and changed ethernet cables but to no avail. I just can’t figure out what I am missing.

Have you tried WiFi to see if it’s host issue

Yes. I am able to log in to the UI using WiFi. Just not able to connect directly.

Oh I see, what computer/OS are you using?

Windows 10. I’ve also tried with an Android device with no luck either. Using Chrome

To rule out image corruption, try reflashing the WebUI image over Wi-Fi by following the alternative instructions in releases page.

After reflashing to the original firmware and then the alternate install of smoothWAN, still had no luck. I realized I needed the ethernet to be connected third port (LAN 2), and everything worked. I was connected to WAN 1 and 2 when trying to connect the router. Thanks for your time with this. Feeling a little silly. lol.

No problem, I need to make the text bigger on the Slate AX diagram.

New: